IEEE Kansas City



Professional Development Hours


The Kansas City Section has members who are Professional Engineers in Kansas and/or Missouri. A P.E. must document continuing education to obtain CEUs (Continuing Education Units). Every state has its own formula for how many hours of professional development result in a CEU. Each state has its own requirements for PDHs. Contact your state licensing board for information.


To obtain PDH documentation at a dinner meeting or other IEEE-KC event, print out one of the forms below and bring it with you. It’s best to fill out the form on your computer before printing it out.


To obtain PDH documentation after a dinner meeting or other IEEE-KC event, contact the person who took registration (normally the secretary or treasurer) to arrange a way for that person to sign a certificate and get it to you. Obtaining the certificate after the event is obviously less efficient than doing so at the event, so plan and prepare accordingly.


You can choose from a form with a border or one without a border. The one with the border may require you to install a feature in Word. These forms are designed with Word fields, so you can fill them out on your computer and then print them out. We have also provided these in PDF format for people who can’t open Microsoft Word documents for whatever reason.


PDH Certificate With Border (DOC File)

PDH Certificate No Border (DOC File)

PDH Certificate (PDF Version – Fill out by hand)


Contact the Webmaster at webmaster @

This is an association Website. Do not phone us about link exchanges, SEO services, marketing services, or other commercial services or products.